Cure for Insomnia South Venice
Need a cure for Insomnia and live in South Venice? Sleep is a physiological state of dormancy of the human body, mind and senses. Sleep, called nidra, can be literally translated from Sanskrit as “nurse, feminine, maternal, nourishing,” because it feeds and nourishes all living creatures and promotes their growth and development. According to ayurveda, life expectancy and health depend on food and sleep.
How many hours do you need to sleep?
Healthy sleep (the right quality and amount) provides pleasure, growth, strength, immunity, knowledge, intelligence, good health and longevity. Abnormal sleep (inadequate/insufficient, excessive, or irregular sleep) has the opposite effect on health and life expectancy.
In Ayurveda there are three major types of sleep imbalances: Vata, Pitta or Kapha.
Vata sleep imbalance occurs when you are trying to fall asleep and your mind is thinking about all the events of the day and reproducing the feelings and emotions that accompanied them, you cannot detach and rest properly in sleep. Either you won't be able to fall asleep, or your sleep will be so light and restless that you'll wake up tired.
Pitta sleep disorder occurs when you have no problem falling asleep, but you wake up in the wee hours of the morning and cannot go back to sleep for several hours. People who are experiencing an emotional trauma in their lives or people with an imbalance in Pitta are prone to this sleep disorder.
Kapha-related sleep disorder occurs when a person sleeps long and deeply but feels exhausted when he or she wakes up. Worse, a lethargic, dull feeling continues throughout the day.
Cure for Insomnia -Vata
- Avoid too much stimulation at night.
- Drink Slumber Time Tea before bed. This mixture of spices and herbs is designed to help calm the mind and emotions.
- Let go of body tension. It helps to have the attitude of total surrender when going to bed.
- Light stretching yoga 2 hours before bedtime.
Cure for Insomnia -Pitta
- Keep your bedroom cool while sleeping. Crack the window slightly, or turn down the heat a few degrees. Research shows that people sleep deeper in a slightly cool environment. If the bedroom is too hot and stuffy, it increases the likelihood of night awakening.
- Use Cooling Pitta Aroma Oil when you go to bed. Therapeutic oils pacify Pitta dosha.
- Incorporate Yoga into your daily schedule, to work all your muscles.
Cure for Insomnia -Kapha
- Rise before 6:00 a.m. Sleeping past dawn, into the Kapha time of the morning (6:00-10:00 a.m.) will create a dull, tired feeling when you awaken.
- Gradually decrease coffee consumption. Instead, drink Kapha Tea or green tea.
- Eat a Kapha-pacifying diet. This includes avoiding desserts, especially heavy, cold sweets such as ice cream.
- Follow Kapha-pacifying lifestyle tips. Vigorous exercise is essential for balancing Kapha. The best time to exercise is during the Kapha time of the morning (6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.).
Being physically comfortable is also important. The bedroom should be dim or dark. Comfortable sheets and pajamas are helpful. We recommend organic cotton.
Cure your insomnia in South Venice, contact Dragonfly Ayurveda and Yoga. Our purpose is to assist you in transforming your life, in a challenging yet convenient format and schedule. Let us guide you on your journey towards wellness, balance and wholeness. We serve the following areas:
Laurel, Englewood, South Venice, Venice Gardens, Venice, Nokomis, Osprey